Indian Railway : Every day lakhs and crores of people travel by train in the country. Those who have to travel long distances have to make reservations in advance. Railways has made many changes in its rules over the years. So in such a situation it is very important to keep a lot of new information. Many times it also happens that due to an emergency, you have to cancel the ticket even after the preparation of the reservation chart. But will you get a refund in that case? So let’s tell you the new updates of railways.
Indian Railways says that if you have to cancel your ticket for any reason after chart preparation, then refund can also be claimed. In this regard, IRCTC has tweeted a video from the official handle, in which it was told that railway gives refund on tickets without traveling. To get his money back, the traveler has to submit the Deposit Receipt (TDR) online.
File TDR like this
- Visit the official website of IRCTC www.irctc.co.in. There you will see My Account on the home page, click on it.
- Now go to the drop down menu and click on My Transaction. Here you can file TDR by selecting an option in File TDR option.
- Here you will see the information of the person in whose name the ticket has been booked.
- Now enter your train number, PNR number and captcha. After this tick the box of Cancellation Rules.
- After submitting, an OTP will come on the phone number written in the form at the time of ticket booking, enter it and press submit
- Verify the PNR details and click on the Cancel ticket option
- Then you will see the refund amount on the screen.
- You will get a confirmation MMS on the mobile number, in which you will have complete information about the PNR and your refund.
Original documents have to be given
After filing TDR online, you will have to send the original documents to this address. Address- GGM IT, Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation Ltd. 1st Floor, Internet Ticketing Center IRCA Building, State Entry Road, New Delhi-110055